The Wind And The Lion

The Wind And The Lion
German gunners range in on the U.S. Marines as they cross the vill. Figures are Old Glory German Sea Battalion conversions. Archway by Miniature Building Authority.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Larry Brom needs a helping hand!

I have read the below post from my friend Lori Brom on The Miniatures Page. They are in need of assistance, please read on.

Hello all,

This is extremely difficult for us but we have hit "critical mass" in our ongoing issues with getting Dad the help he needs for his recovery. The wargaming community has always come through for us in the past and Christy and I hope we can get your support once again.
We have set up a GoFundMe account for Dad. The details are there and we will post regular updates on his/our progress. As I mention, he's always interested in anything to do with wargaming and TSATF. He's a tough, stubborn Marine and he just needs that extra "boost".



Thanks in advance.
Lori Brom



As you can see from the above post, Larry Brom the author of "The Sword And The Flame"  rules is in dire straights. After his semi recent injury the family has reached a point where they are asking for the wargaming community's assistance with his ongoing medical treatment. Whether you are a big fans of his many rules sets, as I am, or just want to help out an old USMC Gunnery Sergeant this is the way to do it. Please log onto the above attached website if you wish to do so.

I for one will be assisting as I owe Larry and his daughters for the many wonderful times I've had since the early 1980's with his rules TSATF, the awesome people I have met and have become so close to, and for fueling the fire of Victorian Colonial Wargaming for so many years.

I had first met Larry and Lori at a Historicon in Harrisburg PA, very possibly the same con I had met another friend of mine, Pat Condray who has sadly just passed away from injuries sustained in a bicycle accident. Larry was running a TSATF game with the Brits fighting the Egyptians. Lori was playing and was explaining the rules to me as we went along and provided tactical assistance with these rules as well. That fateful day started a 30+ year love of colonial gaming and collecting. Later that day I found and purchased my first copy of TSATF and my first colonial figs. I've not looked back since. 

Over the years I've had the pleasure to play in quite a few games run by Larry, or played in games that he was also playing. I was able to help him field play test Kaybar and Bayonet at one of the HMGS-South cons in Orlando, Fl.  He's a true gentleman and a pleasure to spend time with.

A friend of mine, Ethan, the author of the fantastic blog, Maiwand Day, has also posted the Brom's request on his blog. I had met Ethan, another true gentleman, at the first ever TSTAF convention, Colonial Barracks held annually in NO. Larry and his family has touched so many peoples lives. See the many links below for info, links, and details.

Take care Larry, Lori, and Christy!
JB

http://www.sergeants3.com
http://maiwandday.blogspot.com
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=380178

No comments:

Post a Comment